Maui Sands - Unit 5B
Maui Sands - Unit 5B
Maui Sands - Unit 5B
Maui Sands – Unit 5B
First Floor – 2 Bed / 1 Bath Full Oceanfront
6 Guests Max – 5th+ Guest $10 Per Night
You can’t get accommodations any closer than this to the water! We call this condo Makani Olu’olu, Fair Wind. When walking into this condo the 1st thing we see is the ocean before us and we feel the fair wind coming down from the West Maui Mountains to our backs crossing to the Island of Molokai across the Auau channel in front of us where the sun sets every night, enhancing an already spectacular view!
This condo is a well kept and beloved 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condo. It has plenty of space for families or a group of friends! It is set into a quiet corner of the property with very little traffic between the lanai and ocean, giving it a very private feel even with the close proximity to shared amenities.
This is the perfect condo to enjoy whale watching in the winter season when the whales are here from mid-Nov to April every year. They come to Maui to calve and mate, and they are very active. Out of whale season there is a parade of turtles every day that feed off the seaweed on the volcanic reef that runs parallel to the shore. We also have the occasional Hawaiian monk seal, a rare and endangered specie and a real treat when they visit! Snorkeling and swimming here is about as perfect as it gets. The reef serves to protect the swimmer from wave surge. Loads of fish and turtles!
Maui Sands has a wonderful history. It was of the 1st resorts built on the west side of Maui and has an old school Hawaii feel to it! The beautiful gardens are filled with mature tropical plants and landscaping. This is a quiet and beloved little oasis in the neighborhood of Honokowai. The neighborhood is a mix of permanent residents and vacation homes. This is the kind of neighborhood where people say Aloha when you pass them on the street! The neighborhood boasts many wonderful dine in eateries, but there is also a vegan Farmers Market (our fave for local fresh fruit and veg), and a large grocer just a 5 minute walk down the street. There are great beaches on a short walk in either direction, and a park with a children’s playground and a nice little sandy beach just north.
We have a self check-in program. Directions, entry, parking and WIFI codes will be forwarded within 10 days of your arrival. Guests have the freedom of the entire space. The laundry is a shared facility on property. We recommend renting snorkel gear for best fit and hygiene, but we do have some beach gear, beach chairs and beach towels, as well as sand toys for keiki (children). Please also note, the parking spaces are not wide. Keep that in mind when renting your vehicle.
*Hawaii has a tropical climate. Insects, lizards & rodents thrive in this environment. We make every effort to minimize your contact with them inside & outside of the unit. Presence of these creatures does not constitute a breach of contract or offer the Guest any rights to refunds. Please also note that Hawaii is the most remote archipelago in the world. We are very pro-active when it comes to repair and replacement of appliances. If you see a potential issue please let us know as we are limited to supply and it may take several days before we are able to get replacements
GE 011-940-8128-01 – TA 011-940-8128-01 – TMK 4400 05 20042
Unit 5B Amenities
- 1st floor access
- Smart TV with cable
- WiFi suitable for work or gaming (42.8 mbps download)
- AC unit in living area and bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Queen size mattress
- Two twin mattress
- Queen size pullout couch
- Smart TV in bedrooms
- Full kitchen with full size appliances and equipped to cook full meals
- Large island for cooking and dining
- Brita filtered water pitcher
- Fire extinguisher and 1st Aid
- Shower/tub combo
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner and bar soap provided
- Iron and ironing board
- On-site laundry
- Large lanai with seating for 4 with view oceanfront view of Auau Channel
- Beach towels, chairs and coolers provided
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Day check-ins require a holiday cleaning fee of $75.00
- Additional fee of $250.00 for a mid-stay cleaning, or $100.00 for a linen change will be required for stays over 14 nights
Please inquire about rates and pre-arrange these add-ons prior to your check-in.
- A mid-stay cleaning for $250.00 or a linen change for $100.00 can be pre-arranged for any stay
- High chair can be available upon request
- A call-in masseur is available for both individual and couple massages
- NO Resort Fees
- Free Wi-Fi
- (1) Free off-street reserved parking space for every unit.
- Shared Pool
- Pool Cabana for poolside dining
- Shared BBQ’s (at the Pool and throughout the property)
- Laundry facilities
- Chaise Lounges (throughout the property)
- Beach Access
Unit 5B Availability
Booking / Inquiries
Maui Sands - Property Map
Maui Sands - Directions
Join our email list for specials and promotions
Occasionally we offer special promotions. Signup for our mailing list so we can keep you up to date.